Friday, August 29, 2008

Day 35


This is my favorite weekend of the year! We close all of the pools on Monday! Now I can focus 100% on the trip ahead. I have told this story several times, but here we go again. Today is day 35 of the I-600 approval clock. The I-600 is what allows Emma to come to the U.S. In simple terms, USCIS says approval takes up to 60 working days. We could receive approval Monday, or it could be in early October. Whenever we get that email, we will leave for Vietnam about two weeks later. It's frustrating as the days tick by, but we have so many things to look forward to this fall and winter. Bringing Emma home, Abby & Kelly may have good news soon, Candice coming home for Christmas, OSU & PC North football, OKC NBA basketball, the Holidays, Skiing, Hawaii, and especially the joy of a toddler terrorizing the house! Yes, we get frustrated, but it's sort of a good frustration. Hope everyone is well. We look forward to I-600 approval very soon! Thanks and keep praying!

5 comments:

J and J said...

I love the picture. At times in the last few weeks I have felt just like that:). Hang in there Emma is on her way home soon.

Stevens Family said...

Ug, hang in there. You'll get that approval very soon!

Leigh said...

A family from my agency just got their preliminary approval (44 days) so it seems like they are coming pretty quickly now. (I know 44 days doesn't seem like "quickly" but it beats the former pace of 60+)

It is all about perfect timing...get the pools closed...and get packing!

Jeny said...

It was so good to see you this morning! I am so excited for you and can't wait to see Emma soon!

Unknown said...

I am hoping to pull up your blog to find good news any day!!!! keeping you in our prayers.