Friday, August 22, 2008

WE HAVE FINAL APPROVAL!!!








Today we received word that our adoption has been approved by the Binh Duong Province People's Committee. This is the final step with the Vietnamese government. She is now legally ours. Technically we could go get her now, but we do not have I-600 approval from the U.S. yet. We must have that approval to be able to bring her to the U.S. As I have said in many posts, the I-600 approval can take up to 60 working days. Today is day 30 so we could receive it any day. Whenever we are approved by Immigration, we will leave about two weeks after that. We are so close! Please pray for speedy I-600 approval so we can bring Emma home soon!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You are almost there!!!!! What wonderful news to receive right before the weekend!!! Got my fingers crossed for the I600 email next week!!


Jackie in NJ

Valorie Leonard said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys. We'll be praying for quick I600 approval.

J and J said...

Congrats! VN here we come! Praying for your family for speedy I600! Remember Jack thinks August 28th for us:) That would be great!

Jessica Alvarez said...

Congratulations!! We're all so close! C'mon, I600!

Stevens Family said...

Yay, Yay, Yay!!! Awesome news!! I hope you get that precious e-mail very soon.

Mine came in to my "junk e-mail" box so check that one too ;).

Hank said...

AWESOME NEWS FOR YOU GUYS!! THAT IS SO GREAT!!! ONE MORE TO GO AND YOU WILL BE PACKING THOSE BAGS FOR VIET NAM!!!!!!!!!!!

Leigh said...

Congratulations!

Found your blog from your email about readoption to the Oklahoma group. We are in NW OKC and returned on New Year's Day with our precious DoriGrace.

We stayed at the Rex in HCMC and the Somerset Grand in Hanoi. Saw that you were considering Somersets for your trip. I don't think you can go wrong there. They are a little more expensive, but have a very comfortable "Embassy Suites" feel.

Hope your I-600 is right around the corner! Start packing!! Good luck!

mommabelz said...

OH MY GOD! FINALLY FINALLY !! WE ARE SO VERY EXCITED AND I KNOW IT WILL COME SOON. YEAH!!!