Tuesday, September 23, 2008

On To Hanoi

































































Today we flew from Saigon to Hanoi. Tomorrow we will apply for Emma's passport. Usually that takes five days. We are staying at the Somerset Westlake which is a very nice apartment style hotel. We have an awesome 2 BR suite. Emma did great on the two hour flight. She slept about and hour and half. She is very easy to deal with and keeps herself entertained with very simple things like plastic cups and lids. She is still somewhat afraid of me and will not let me hold her without crying. She will play with me as long as Cathy is around. I am okay with it, eventually she will come around. Her whole world was turned upside down yesterday so overall she is doing great! I just feel sorry for Cathy because she has to do all the "work". I try to help her in any way I can though. As far as Hanoi goes, it is extremely hot and humid. We can't be outside more than five minutes and we are drenched in sweat. Tomorrow we will venture out and we'll take some pictures of the city. Hope everyone is well at home. We'll talk to you soon. Thomas & Cathy

9 comments:

Hank said...

So wonderful! Love the pictures! Glad you all are doing well!!!

Valorie Leonard said...

Oh, I love that you update so often. What a happy family!

Jessica Alvarez said...

What a cutie! It's great that she's bonding so well with Mom, and you're right, she'll come around with Dad, too. The picture with Emma and Daddy holding hands was very cute. Congratulations again!

Mitzi said...

What a perfect fit. Thomas the picture of the two of you made me cry. Whaat a wonderful blessing and what a perfect family the 3 of you are. We cannot express our joy enough for you all.

mommabelz said...

Still checking on you all daily. All of our love goes to you all and sweet little Emma! Don't worry I cheer on the Pokes this Saturday!

Libby said...

Congratulations to you both on the addition to your family. I have followed your story through Hank & Tricia (H is my BABY brother) and can't wait for them to be in your shoes and bring Sophie home to her forever family.

Your posts since you've gotten there are just giving me goosebumps as I know that it has been a long road for you as it has been for Hank and Tricia. My family and I wish you all the love and happiness that Emma brings to you and your family.

Sampson's Prose said...

Welcome to Hanoi,
Your little girl is so cute! She seems to be enjoying you as much as your enjoying her. Michael and I are at the Somerset Grand. We would love to have dinner with you and the other two Holt families. We are here until Tuesday. Enjoy the city and Emma.
Michael and Lorrie Schultz
with Peekaboo in Hanoi

Annette said...

Your little Emma is so beautiful! We look forward to seeing more pictures of her and her new family together!

Annette & Dustin

Stevens Family said...

Yay, love all the pics! Glad to hear you're in Hanoi and can start settling in for the longer part of your stay. Have a wonderful time!