Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Passport Day





































Today we applied for Emma's passport which took all of ten minutes at the Vietnamese passport office. We will get her passport next Wednesday. We are basically free to do whatever we want until then. We also ventured over to Big C, the Vietnamese Wal-Mart with Jack, Johanna, and Sam. It is quite a place and carries just about everything. It is in kind of a mall, and there was a KFC there so we had a little American food for lunch. Cathy bought her a few things at the mall like a purse and some new shoes. You can see her purse in one of the pics. Tomorrow we are planning on visiting the Old Quarter which is an area with lots of small shops and cafes. I am hoping I can visit the Mausoleum of Ho Chi Minh as well. I am hoping to get some pics and video of the crazy traffic here. It is beyond description. You just have to see it.

7 comments:

Hank said...

LOL I see she is already into your wallet to go shopping what that dollar in her hands! Looks like everything is going well which we are happy to see! Keep 'em coming!

Jessica Alvarez said...

Aw, it's adorable the way she's looking at Cathy in the bathtub photo. Shoes and bags, you're getting her off to a good start!

Ann said...

So fun to follow along with your sweet little Emma. Yes, sounds like she is going to be a wallet digger and with those eyes I have to say, you are in big trouble Dad!

Congrats Mom and Dad!

Unknown said...

Hello from back home! We miss you! Emma is so adorable! The video got us all teary-eyed! We are impressed by your blogging abilities! When are you going to buy Emma any gifts? LOL We are impressed by your packing skills. Can't wait to meet Emma! Can't wait for you to get back! We love you! TLC!

Stevens Family said...

Glad to hear the passport part went quickly. Have a wonderful time touring Hanoi. Love all the wonderful pics. Your little darling is just precious!

Mary Lynn said...

Thomas, I am so happy for you. Your mom called and told me how to see pics of Emma (She is oh so excited about her new granddaughter). Emma is so beautiful; I can't wait to meet her in person. I know for a fact you will be a wonderful daddy Thomas as you were so good with Curtis, Jr. when he was small. And I know for you to have picked Cathy as a wife and mother she will be wonderful, too. I look forward to getting to know Cathy and Emma soon.

Carol said...

I'm so glad everything is going so well. I love that she is carrying a purse already!